January Students of the Month

Seniors Gracey Malmberg and Jack Graves

The Sterling High School Student of the Month (SOTM) is the highest level of academic and extracurricular recognition for Sterling High School seniors. SOTM winners are students who have challenged themselves with rigorous courses, are involved in activity and/or athletics, have taken on a leadership role within the school community, and portray Sterling High School in a positive light. The two students that were granted this award are seniors Gracey Malmberg and Jack Graves.

Earning student of the month is a way to acknowledge and celebrate academic success. Receiving this award helps create a culture of motivating other students to value learning and success. 

Both students in their four years of attending Sterling High School have maintained a grade point average of above 4.0, while taking numerous AP classes and being a part of the National Honor Society.

Malmberg volunteers at Advanced Animal Health Center working with animals, school concessions, and she plans to work at a food bank later on this year. She is also involved in FFA, Library Club, Art Club, volleyball, and track. Malmberg’s hobbies are reading and working and she loves to work with plants. She plans to be a doctor when she’s older. 

Graves, on the other hand, is a four-sport athlete doing chess, swimming, golf, and tennis. He likes to disc golf, swim, hunt, fish, and play video games. He plans to attend the United States Naval Academy in Annapolis, Maryland, to study either nuclear or aerospace engineering. After taking these steps he wants to pursue a career in the United States Navy.

Graves has attended two week-long mission trips, one to Kentucky and one to South Dakota where he helped build and repair houses for those in need. 

These two really set the standard and are looked at as positive role models not only at Sterling High School but throughout the community.