May Students of the Month

Here at Sterling High School, student of the month is the highest level of recognition for Sterling High School seniors. SOTM winners are students who have challenged themselves with rigorous courses, are involved in activities and or athletics, have taken on leadership roles within the school community, and portray Sterling High School in a positive light in the community. 

In the month of May, Makenzi Borton and Rowan Workman were chosen for student of the month. These two have been chosen for their outstanding leadership and dedication within clubs.

Borton has maintained a 4.0 GPA throughout her senior year. She has taken Accelerated English 1, Accelerated Biology, along with World History, English 1 and Chemistry. She has also taken AP Human Geography, Lang and Comp along with AP US history. 

She has participated in Madrigals, Chambers, Key club, Library Club, FCA, and Future Educator Club. She was the Library Club Co-President which is a huge accomplishment. 

Her future plans are to major in education, early childhood, elementary or special education at Illinois State University. 

Rowan Workman has maintained a 3.9 GPA throughout his senior year. He has taken Alberga 1, Accelerated Geometry, Biology and Algebra 2. He has also taken Pre-Calculus to top it off. 

He has participated in National Honor Society and has also been on honor roll for three years. Workman has been a three year academic letter recipient for basketball and baseball. His sophomore year he had been a S.H.S. basketball captain, along with his sophomore year being awarded Best Teammate Award for S.H.S. baseball.  

Workman has played basketball and baseball for S.H.S. all four years. He also has been a part of S.H.S. student council his freshman year. Workman  is planning on attending Sauk Valley Community College next school year.

Congratulations to these two for going above and beyond and representing S.H.S. as the school year comes to an end!

$75
$500