Entertainment Review: Civil War

The “Civil War” movie, released into theaters on April 12, 2024, is a modern-day civil war based around a young female war journalist trying to capture the war through her camera. The civil war was based around a third term president trying to pull the country apart. In the process she comes across a famous journalist named Lee. At first, Lee doesn’t want to be out in the war, risking her life, but after many risky decisions, the girl makes it to the most valuable shot of her career. This trip was to travel across the fighting country to see the president and photograph him during his final interview. 

During the journey, the team encounters many war scenes and looks death in the eyes multiple times. The girl wonders if she wants to continue her photography career multiple times but knows there is no turning back. The crew loses members along the way and fights through hardships, but in the end, they make it to D.C. 

Although they make it to D.C., they come to figure out they are a couple of days too late, and the president has already left. The president has a false escape, and they avoid it, making it into the White House. They fight their way to the president with one special team force, and in the end, they capture the most important shot of their lifetime. 

This movie is not intended for younger audiences, and at times, even a mature audience may experience trouble watching the movie through. There are many gruesome scenes and times when the plot can seem too realistic and scary to see. 

If you are into movies like this, I would 100% recommend this watch since I couldn’t keep my eyes off the screen for the entirety of the movie, keeping me engaged the whole time. I would say it’s a slow start, but it’s definitely worth popping popcorn and spending your Saturday night watching. 

Other movies with this type of war action I would recommend would be “Hacksaw Ridge,” “Fury,” and “Saving Private Ryan.” 

Although these are all different wars, they bring the same action to the table along with the gruesome scenes. 

$75
$500