Travel Club plans Boston Trip

The S.H.S. travel club will be traveling to Boston in the summer of 2025, hopefully June 23-27. The advisors that will travel with the group are Heather Johnson and Cami Hartman.

Usually when traveling, the group will take an early morning flight and upon returning they will take a late night flight to maximize their time in the city. 

Besides sightseeing the group will visit some other places, such as the Boston Museum of Science, as well as the Salem Witch Museum, the Plimouth Patuxet Museums, and so many other fun activities. 

Apart from all the museums, the group has the opportunity to try traditional Boston foods like the lobster rolls and other seafood. 

The travel club goes to Boston every other year and the group that went in 2023 had an absolute blast. 

Junior Samantha Knox really enjoyed the Boston Tea Party Museum. Knox shared, “We got to be actual people/characters from the 1700’s! We even got to throw tea overboard which was so cool! I also really loved all the history and sights in the city!” 

The Boston Tea Party Museum was a fan favorite among the group and they talked about how fun the experience was for the rest of the trip. 

Senior Joshua Minor’s favorite part was “experiencing new things and learning more about our country, and the people we met were cool.”

The group has a tour guide who tells them important information about certain buildings and locations. The 2023 group got Adam Hoyt and he was well liked among the group. 

Minor said that, “Adam Hoyt was the best tour guide we could get. The people that I traveled with were the best outcome of people for the trip, everyone just generally grew closer to one another.” 

Johnson chose Boston because “our 8th graders visit Washington D.C., and we felt that Boston offered an additional close curricular tie to the U.S. History that students learn, as well as unique cultural and culinary experiences that students won’t have anywhere else.”

There are 15 spots left on this trip and they are first come, first served so sign up soon. 

$75
$500