Little Women Auditions

This summer, Woodlawn Arts Academy is putting on an outdoor production of “Little Women.” “Little Women” is a literary classic that was also recently turned into a movie.

“Little Women” follows the adventures of sisters Jo, Meg, Beth, and Amy March. Jo is trying to sell her stories, but none of the publishers are interested. Jo tells the story of herself and her sisters and their experience growing up in Civil War America. This story is filled with personal discovery, heartache, hope, and everlasting love.

Anyone who is over the age of 16 can audition for this play, no matter if you have years of experience or none at all. If you choose to audition, you can either audition in person or through a video. In-person auditions will happen on May 21, which is also when the video auditions have to be submitted by.

Students auditioning are currently waiting for the audition material to come out but are working hard to prepare for auditions. Junior Christina Moore says she is “going to start really working on the acting portion of the audition so [she] can become more comfortable interacting in character.”

“Little Women” will be performed from July 11-13 at the Woodlawn outdoor theater. This is also where rehearsals will be held. Rehearsals will begin on May 27 and the rehearsal times will depend on the availability of the cast.

Even if you may not be interested in performing in this musical, it can still be something fun to go watch during the summer. All of these performances are also free to watch for anyone interested in seeing it. Anyone wanting to watch it can also bring their own lawn chairs or blankets to sit on, and food or drinks.

“Little Women” is going to be a great musical to either go watch during the summer or audition for. If you’re interested, you can still sign up to audition and be a part of a wonderful musical.

$75
$500