• Buy your 2023-2024 yearbook at jostens.com!
The Student News Site of Sterling High School

The Warrior Word

The Warrior Word

The Warrior Word

Softball kicks off their fundraiser

Each new sports season brings about new fundraisers and new opportunities for those in the community to support and give back to their favorite athletes.

The 2024 softball team chose to send out 10 letters to the team member’s family and friends urging them to donate. The letters were a way to get money for the team from the closest people and the biggest support systems in their lives. 

Sophomore Lily Cantu stated, “I thought it was a really fun way to get our family and friends involved with the softball program and it will earn more money because they’re hearing it from us in a letter rather than a website.” 

Writing a personal letter asking to help support the team is a great way to earn more support because those receiving the letter won’t feel as obligated to donate, but rather like they genuinely want to help. 

When hearing about a tangible letter as the fundraiser, some may argue that this would slow the process of getting the money down rather than past fundraisers online. Members of the team strongly disagree. 

“I think it is a faster and easier way to raise money compared to other fundraisers because you can get donations from many people and you don’t have to know them personally,” senior Olivia Melcher stated. 

This fundraiser allows the team a better chance to spread the word about raising money while also being able to talk to people they are closest to. 

Fundraisers for different sports are typically just food or drink and the same reused fundraisers every year. 

Getting a personal letter instead of that makes this fundraiser in specific stand out and makes softball the team people will remember when they are thinking of which spring sport to donate to.

Donate to The Warrior Word
$75
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Sterling High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.