Fall teams get upgraded intros

The start of the school year for athletes means new teammates, new coaches, and, for Sterling High School athletes, new video sports introductions 

At the start of each season, the sports teams create fun intros for their sports in order to hype up the players and the crowd at the start of a game. Sports intros, like the ones football and volleyball use, help to bring out the starting line-ups for each sport. 

Each year intros become new and more creative. No other schools near Sterling have the opportunity to create video board introductions at this time. Golden Warrior TV announcer and director Jim Spencer is the creative genius behind the productions and is the creator of all the intros. Without Spencer, intros wouldn’t be able to make this happen. 

“I want something that is unique and fun, but something that does not take a lot of time to produce. There is only so much time in the day,” says Spencer. 

In addition to fall sport intros, volleyball now has their own starting lineup video board showing, which is an improvement that is very exciting to the volleyball team. 

Junior Payton Ottens said, “I like the new intros. They show off our highlights and hype us up before our games.” 

Boys soccer is one sport who does not use a sports video board intros on game day. They get posted on social media platforms and on Golden Warrior TV, with an image that they took during their media day with Spencer.

Football has also made an improvement with their intros. They present their starting line up in two sections: their defensive and offensive starting group. 

“It feels good when I see myself on the jumbotron and knowing that I’m one of the only freshmen that starts on varsity,” said Freshman AJ Coleman.

Coming up with the idea of new intros each year, Spencer loves to see what college and pro- sports do with their video boards. He likes to add a Sterling Golden Warrior twist to it, making it unique and special to S.H.S.

With Spencer’s creativity and students’ input, we are excited to see the intros for the winter sports teams.

$50
$500