• Buy your 2023-2024 yearbook at jostens.com!
The Student News Site of Sterling High School

The Warrior Word

The Warrior Word

The Warrior Word

Moving on from a job

Senior Jadon Jones shows off his candlelight shirt. Jones wore his shirt to the basketball game against Quincy.

Moving on from a job can be one of the most difficult things in life, yet it happens to almost everyone. With the Sterling Candlelight shutting down, many workers, both adults and students, have to move on and find something new to do in their free time. 

Senior Iker Zaragoza is one of the former employees who is having to find something new to do. He said, “I’m a little sad because I won’t see my coworkers who I’ve had the pleasure of meeting and developing a friendship with, but at the same time happy because I can focus more on athletics and school.”

Senior Jadon Jones is also a former employee, and he said “Candlelight has not affected me personally, but I have started applying to other businesses. With my new free time, I have been focusing on self care and being social.”

Clearly, knowing how to move on from a job is extremely important. As someone looks to get a job, it is of utmost significance to not be hung up on past experiences. An employer does not want someone who only thinks about past events, rather an employer wants someone who is optimistic about their future in a new job.

However, it is important to discuss when to recognize when it’s time to leave a job, and good reasons to do it.

Senior Ben Muñoz-Ripley said, “I left my old workplace because I found it really unsanitary. I had finals at the time as well, so there was no reason not to leave.”

A job is something that everyone will have to deal with. As high school students, it is good to understand the complexities of having a job as well as knowing how to deal with leaving. In the end, what’s most important is that you are content with your job and are comfortable with it as well.

Donate to The Warrior Word
$50
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Sterling High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.