Prom prep is in full swing

As Prom 2024 quickly approaches, there is much to think about, including dates, dresses, and where to take prom photos.

The two most important steps to prom prep is finding your date and finding your dress. 

Finding your date might be easy for some who have boyfriends or girlfriends. But for others it can be a struggle, but eventually everything works out. 

Senior Sienna Stingley stated, “Prom is fun when you have known your date before prom hit [so that]  you have an enjoyable and not awkward night.”

One of the steps that really helps in the long run is getting to know your date before prom rolls around or going with a date that you have already known for a while. 

Picking out your dress in my perspective is the best part of it all. Personally I love trying on all kinds of dresses, seeing all the fun and different styles and designs gets me excited. 

Lots of shine and sparkles are the way to go. As it being my senior year, I personally want to make my prom dress my best dress yet. I am sure others will do the same as well!

Some good places to search for your dress would be Ducky’s in the Davenport area. Gipper or Peaches are other options if you don’t mind a little farther of a drive towards Chicago.

For guys, the prom prep experience might not be that thrilling. Guys usually have to go off of what the girls dress looks like, which may not be their favorite. On the other hand, the girls’ prep is a hassle. There are way more appointments and worries other than finding a date and finding a dress. 

Senior William Howard said, “When preparing for prom, you have to base your whole afternoon off your ‘fit. I go to the gym and then take a shower and slowly get ready as prom premier approaches. I hang up my white shirt and tux until I am ready to get dressed.”

Making hair, nail and possibly tan appointments become a real struggle if you wait until the last minute. A good one or two months in advance is the perfect time to book appointments. 

One last preparation to think about is where your group will be taking pictures at and who will be in your group. It is always better to plan way ahead of time to make sure everything is planned out and communicated throughout the group.

Downtown Sterling and Rock Falls have seemed to be very popular places when homecoming and prom rolls around for pictures. Others also go to Sinnissippi Park or any other pretty backgrounds. 

If you make sure you try and do all of these things, your prom will go great! 

$50
$500