StuCo helps with Halloween parties

Every year, S.H.S. Student Council helps elementary teachers with Halloween parties for PreK-2nd and elementary students. This year the parties took place on October 31, 2023. They had varying times throughout the day where different STUCO students would come to the elementary schools and help with the parties. Up to six STUCO members went to each class during the day.

The students first plan on which class and days they will visit the school. Once the students are selected, they will go into the school and get a visitor’s pass from the main office. Afterwards students will go assist the teacher with handing out snacks and help the kids with their crafts. 

One of the crafts was pumpkin painting, each table will decorate a pumpkin with stickers, dotters, and paint. Snacks that were also handed out to the kids, snacks like sugar cookies, popcorn balls, cheese sticks, juice boxes, and cuties were given. 

Junior David Luna said, “I wanted to assist the teachers because I know Halloween parties can be chaotic.”

Last year’s Halloween parties were different from this year’s. Last school year STUCO helped with trunk or treat and staff trick or treat instead of going to elementary school and assisting teachers with their parties. 

Senior Kirsten Workman shared, “The kids this year were a lot more talkative and lively than they were last year. They were more excited about the party this year.” 

STUCO is always doing activities for their community that have a great impact on everyone. Helping with the Halloween parties creates great memories for the younger kids that will be cherished.

“My favorite thing about the Halloween parties is seeing how much fun all the kids have. I also have a lot of fun with them and it makes the party so much better,” said junior Payton Ottens says.  

$50
$500