Seniors begin the process of senior photos

As the winter season approaches, some seniors begin their annual “senior Sunday” posts, using professional pictures to exude what makes their senior year personal to them.

While discussing the topic of clothing choices for senior pictures, seniors seem to have a wide range of outfits per each location. 

Senior Hailey Bielema stated, “I decided my outfits based on what suits me. I think that it’s important to wear an outfit that shows who you are.” 

In Bielema’s pictures, posted so far, she seems to have matched her outfits in accordance with the locations she selected. 

By wearing outfits and accessories distinctive to her, Bielema was able to get pictures that perfectly matched her personality and that she will forever get to look back on and remember the person she was in high school. 

For almost every athlete at S.H.S., they find it important to get senior pictures that encapsulate their passion for that sport. 

Senior Dylan Ottens shared, “I got football and baseball pictures because playing those sports has always been important to me and played a big role in my time in high school.” 

For seniors in sports, getting a picture of them alone on the field or court or wherever else they may choose to go can help in the remembrance of all the good and even bad times spent with that particular sport. In Ottens’s picture, he can be seen wearing his football and baseball jerseys, while also getting pictures taken in locations outside of S.H.S. It’s extremely important to get pictures that incorporate your school and personal preference.  

Location range outside of Sterling High School falls short, so some seniors turn to life outside of Whiteside. Senior Macie Brady shared, “I decided to take my senior pictures in Chicago because I’ve always loved the city growing up and I also wanted my pictures to be in different scenery than everyone else’s around town. The photographer said she had been wanting to do a shoot in Chicago so I took the offer without a doubt!” 

When thinking of senior picture locations, it’s important to note that not everyone that attends a school has always been in the surrounding area. Taking pictures in the city you grew up in or simply another city with better scenery can help amplify the confidence seniors need to have in their senior pictures. Brady also notes how she ended up curling her hair and doing her own makeup. 

You don’t want to get pictures looking like someone you’re not, so taking into account your own decisions needs to be foremost in the picture-taking process. 

Senior pictures have always been a tradition at S.H.S., and it is a fun way to share moments from your time in school with those in your graduating class. The due date for senior pictures is December 1st, so it’s important that seniors make sure their pictures are submitted and ready to go by then. The specific requirements include headshot only, submit the full shot, must be vertical, must be in color, no selfies, no screenshots, and no photos with photographer’s watermark. Besides those requirements, there are and should be no rules on how you choose to express yourself in the picture process, because your senior pictures should remain personal to only you. 

$50
$500