Best and worst Super Bowl commercials

Best and worst Super Bowl commercials

The Super Bowl is a time of year where football fans all around the world get together with friends and family in honor of the biggest game of the year. While the game itself is the main factor, there is so much more to the Super Bowl that draws people in including the food and snacks, the halftime performances, and, most importantly, the infamous commercials. 

Every year there are a bunch of new line-ups of commercials, with new faces and new brand names. For the past year leading up to the Super Bowl, there were so many trends and celebrities that were assumed to play a role in the commercials we saw in this year’s game. For advertisers, these commercials are a huge business awareness for them as there are thousands of football fans tuning in to watch. 

Super Bowl #58 contained many entertaining commercials, with big celebrities and new interesting sponsorships for viewers to invest in. In last year’s Super Bowl, some of the top commercials include Bud Light’s “Hold. Easy to Drink, Easy to Enjoy,” Amazon’s “Saving Sawyer,” and Dunkin Donuts’s “Dunkin Drive Thru Starring Ben.” These commercials were the most popular due to the relevant topics and big brand names. 

This year had a lot of build up to the Super Bowl, mainly due to the excitement for the commercials. After watching the Super Bowl, I can agree that this year’s bunch of commercials was one of the factors that kept people interested during the very slow first two quarters of the game. 

One of the most watched commercials this year was the trailer for the upcoming blockbuster musical, “Wicked.” This musical-movie adaptation includes famous singers Cynthia Erivo and Ariana Grande as the leads “Glinda” and “Elphaba.” This trailer illustrates the journey of Elphaba when she comes to visit and adapt to the town of Oz. The movie is set to be released Christmas of 2024, 12 years after the movie was said to be underway. What makes this commercial one of the best is the buildup to the movie during the added adrenaline from the game. Most viewers may not be interested in a musical-movie, as they are football fans primarily. It was smart to release this trailer because of its interesting elements and big names that will catch the eye of anyone watching. 

One of the worst commercials from this year’s game was Hellman’s Mayonnaise, “Mayo Cat.” The concept of this commercial is a woman deciding which dressing to use on her salad and her cat saying “mayo” instead of “meow.” The cat then rises to fame with its “amazing” discovery and the commercial even includes celebrity Pete Davidson. This commercial can be named as one of the worst due to the tacky joke and unthoughtful pitch. 

Another one of the best commercials is “Like a Good Neighbor” from State Farm. This commercial includes a funny plot where a movie scene is set and Arnold Schwarzenegger is saying his lines incorrectly due to his accent. This commercial includes other celebrities like Danny Devito and Jennifer Lopez, which only adds to the popularity of it. While trying to pronounce the infamous tag-line, “like a good neighbor state farm is there,” Arnold slips up and adds comedy for all viewers to enjoy. 

The commercials for the 2024 Super Bowl were more popular than ever, as this was the most viewed Super Bowl of all time. Business for all of these organizations will hopefully sky rocket and bring in as much money as possible from viewer experience. 

$50
$500