• Buy your 2023-2024 yearbook at jostens.com!
The Student News Site of Sterling High School

The Warrior Word

The Warrior Word

The Warrior Word

Entertainment Review: “My Life with the Walter Boys”

“My Life with the Walter Boys” season one aired on Netflix on December 7, 2023. There is also a book of “My Life with the Walter Boys” that you can purchase on Amazon for $10.79. It’s about a teenager named Jackie Howard who lost her parents and older sister in an accident. She lived in New York but after her parents passed, she was forced to live with her mother’s best friend Katherine Walter who lives in a small town in Colorado. Not to mention the Walters already have 10 kids. Jackie is forced to go to a new school in a new town with a new family. 

Throughout the season Jackie slowly starts to get more comfortable with her new life but also finds herself stuck in a love triangle with two of the Walter boys. One of the boys is named Cole. He is a very stereotypical high school boy who is kind of a trouble maker, captain of the football team, and popular. The other Walter boy, Alex, is 16 years old and he’s more studious and to himself. 

The first season is left with a cliffhanger. A second season is coming out but they haven’t released the date of when. If you like messy love triangles, this show is definitely for you. 

This show is very entertaining and hard to turn off when watching. Some downsides is it’s only on Netflix to watch and if you don’t like romance then you wouldn’t enjoy this. 

“My Life with the Walter Boys” is very similar to the show “The Summer I Turned Pretty” so if you like it then this show is worth the watch. Love triangles is a very common theme in movies and shows but “My Life with the Walter Boys” has its own twist to it to make it interesting and different. 

The author of the book Ali Novak is an award winning author of contemporary young adult novels. Producer Keith Raskin has produced Emmy and Peabody award winning shows. 

It is worth the money if you want to read the book, and worth the watch if you have Netflix. 

Are you team Cole or team Alex?

After reading about it, would this be a show you would like to watch? 

Donate to The Warrior Word
$50
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Sterling High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.