Staying organized with the Scholarship of the Week

The time for completing scholarships has arrived. Our community offers a wide range of scholarships, from general application to major based opportunities. Finding reliable scholarships can be difficult, but knowing the right resources makes the process much easier. 

A list of local scholarships can be found on the Sterling Public Schools Sterling High School page. By clicking on the menu, then counseling, then counseling links, and finally the scholarships tab, anyone can find the list of available scholarships. The name, category, due date, location, information, and application are all visible to viewers. 

The list of scholarships can be overwhelming, so S.H.S. counselor Darci Francis highlights a Scholarship of the Week to keep students organized. 

Francis shared, “The Scholarship of the Week serves as a reminder for seniors to work on their scholarship applications.” 

Francis also provides a tip every week to help seniors with their applications. 

Francis encourages students to “stay organized when working on scholarships” as paying attention to due dates, criteria, required documents, and submission locations is crucial.

Completing one to two scholarships a week will set seniors on the right track for success. Senior Kirsten Workman said that her “study hall has helped [her] find time to fill them out.” Utilizing a study hall and/or an eighth hour helps to manage time and stress. Additionally, Senior Emily Lofgren states that she “[takes] time every weekend to get scholarships done.”

Many scholarships offered by our local community are easy to submit, only needing a short essay, and occasionally a letter of recommendation. Some applications are online only, and some need to be printed and turned in or mailed. 

Make sure to take advantage of the many resources available in our community, as filling out all possible scholarships is the best way to earn money towards the future. 

$50
$500