Entertainment review: Usher’s halftime performance

Around this time of year, everyone is talking about the Super Bowl. Everyone is always excited for the game and especially for the halftime show. Each year a popular singer or rapper is picked to perform at the Super Bowl. This year the performer was R&B pop star Usher. Usher performed on February 11, 2024.

Performers that are picked for the Super Bowl have months of practice and rehearsing to get certain dance moves down and make their big entrance. The entrance is the part that catches most of the audience’s eyes while watching. Performers in the past have come down from the ceiling or have popped out from the floor. 

To start off Usher’s performance he was already on stage with multiple back up dancers doing flips and acrobatic moves with his song “Caught up” from his album “Confessions.” Most fans were very hyped as he started his performance but some were upset he didn’t play his most upbeat songs.

Sophomore Kevin Marquez said, “I was disappointed they didn’t play ‘Daddy’s home’ but it was still a great performance.”

Despite Usher not being able to play all of his songs,  he still did sing some of his great hits such as “My Boo,” “OMG,” “Yeah!”, “Love in this club,” and a few other big hits. To help perform some of those songs Usher brought out Alicia Keys, Ludacris, H.E.R. , Will. I. am, and Lil Jon. This excited the crowd even more but some people were hoping Justin Bieber would make an appearance for their song “Somebody to love.” 

Sophomore Ellie Wendelken said, “I was a little disappointed Justin didn’t come but Alicia Keys made up for it.”

Not only did Usher have an outfit change, he also glided around the stage in roller blades while dancing. Many memes of the roller blades can be seen online as well as an old concert of Usher and Justin Bieber dancing to “Somebody to love” as many fans wished to see.

Although the Super Bowl weekend has passed, the next couple of weeks will still be filled with iconic photos and videos of singer, Usher, performing. The next question is who will perform at next year’s Super Bowl halftime?

View Comments (1)
$50
$500