November Students of the Month

Seniors Kirsten Workman and Owen Anderson

The S.H.S. Student of the Month program is designed to recognize student achievement and to showcase accomplishments for those who have shown their diligence. The individuals who are selected are those that have academically challenged themselves, participated in extracurricular activities/athletics, and displayed themselves as a leader. Seniors Kirsten Workman and Owen Anderson have been selected for November Student of the Month.

Owen Anderson has proven himself over the years and accumulated a grade point average (GPA) of 4.31. He has taken numerous courses that S.H.S. offers, including Pre-Calc, AP Human Geography, AP Bio, AP US History, AP Chem, AP Stats, AP Lang., AP US Government, AP Psychology, AP Lit, and AP Calc. Anderson has also taken a variety of accelerated classes, Accelerated English 1 and 2, Accelerated Algebra 1 and 2, Accelerated Biology, and Accelerated Chemistry. 

Outside of school Anderson is involved in track and field as well as cross country. Anderson has earned awards such as Illinois 2A State 4×800 medalists, and sectional championship 4×800. Throughout his hard work he has also received First All Team Conference honors.

Anderson has shown leadership positions such as class co-president and National Honor Society officer. He is also co-vice president for the Young Doctors League during his junior and senior years. Anderson is also active outside of school helping assist middle school cross country meets. He also likes to lift and run. Anderson plans to go into healthcare and pharmaceutical research. 

Kirsten Workman was also selected for Student of the Month. Workman has earned a grade point average (GPA) of 4.262 over her four years of high school. She has taken a number of AP courses, these include AP Human Geography, AP Biology, AP U.S. History, AP Chemistry, AP Lang., AP U.S. Government and Politics, AP Calculus, AP Lit.  and AP Psychology. These aren’t the only advanced classes Workman has taken, she has also taken a variety of accelerated classes as well. 

Outside of school Workman serves as a leader in Poms for football and basketball, where she is the team captain. She is actively involved in the Young Doctors League, Student Council, and National Honor Society. Workman has also participated in volleyball and softball her freshman and sophomore year. 

Workman is a former Student of the Month as she also was selected her freshman year. She has awards and titles such as Rotary Scholar during her freshman and junior years. Workman has also received an Academic letter sophomore and junior year. 

These two students have strived to become the best, proving that they deserve this award. They are on the road to success after exceeding the expectations they set for themselves.

$50
$500