October Students of the Month

October Students of the Month Lainey Block and Dale Johnson

The S.H.S. Student of the Month (SoTM) is the highest level of academic and extracurricular recognition for S.H.S. seniors. SoTM winners are students who have challenged themselves with rigorous courses, are involved in activity and/or athletics, have taken on a leadership role within the school community, and portray S.H.S. in a positive light. The two students that were awarded this title for October are Lainey Block and Dale Johnson.

Block has proven her worth at S.H.S. with the many clubs and activities she is involved in, along with her 4.2 GPA. Block has taken the opportunity that S.H.S. provides and has taken multiple accelerated classes, along with AP class courses such as AP Psych., AP Lit., AP Chem., AP US History, and more. 

Block has taken on multiple leadership roles, including student council representative freshman through junior year, and has also been the president and a key club officer in her sophomore and junior year. 

Besides doing an excellent job as a student at S.H.S., Block volunteers for multiple organizations, such as working for PADS, and working at Woodlawn in the concession stands, alongside being a part of multiple sports and clubs that are included at S.H.S. 

Block’s future plans are to pursue a bachelor’s degree in nursing and biology. She is still learning all the knowledge she would like to in order to help herself further determine her career.

Dale Johnson was also selected for October Student of The Month. Through the past four years of high school, Johnson has accumulated a GPA of 4.1, being a part of 8 AP classes and 7 accelerated. These classes include AP Chemistry, AP Calculus, AP Literature, and AP Lang.

While not working hard on his classes here at S.H.S., Johnson is the President of Key club, and is a part of the National Honor Society, along with being the team captain for both cross country and track. 

Johnson’s plans after high school include studying engineering, along with continuing his track & field career in college. Another one Johnson’s goal is to partake in hiking over a 20,000 foot mountain. 

These two individuals have taken major strides towards awards. They are constantly proving themselves worthy of the Student of the Month title and will only continue to prove how successful they are outside of high school.

$50
$500