• Buy your 2023-2024 yearbook at jostens.com!
The Student News Site of Sterling High School

The Warrior Word

The Warrior Word

The Warrior Word

New stores arrive in Sterling

Have you ever wished you had better shopping options in Sterling; well, you’re in luck. There are many new store additions that have already been made such as Hobby Lobby, which opened Aug. 4, 5 Below, which opened Sept. 29, and Marshalls, which recently opened Nov. 2. There are also more yet to open, including Old Navy, set to open Nov. 18,  and others yet to be revealed.   

Hobby Lobby is located by the Northland Mall and the others are and will be by the old K-mart.

Hobby Lobby primarily sells materials for crafts, home decor, and other various items. Junior Ahrianna Martinez, a candle making business owner, said that she “[appreciates] having Hobby Lobby” because it “helps make [her] business thrive.” While Hobby Lobby might not be beneficial to others in this way, the types of craft and other supplies they have can be beneficial to almost anyone. 

On the other hand, 5 Below sells, as the name suggests, in the range of $5, almost everything from toys to clothes, household items, and more. Junior Kadielynn Nelson said that she bought, “a new cup and a wall calendar” from 5 Below.

Marshalls sells clothes, shoes, home decor, toys, and many others. Nelson said she bought “some fall and winter flannels.” 

Old Navy sells primarily clothes and accessories such as shoes and bags. While this store is not yet in Sterling, a lot of people purchase clothes from this brand whether online, in other Old Navy locations, or in other stores that sell the brand. 

While some people might not go to these stores or believe they positively affect Sterling, Nelson said that it gives people in Sterling “something to do” and “it expands us as a city.”

Along with this, Martinez thinks that these stores “give us a wider range of opportunities” specifically with jobs. She also said that since, because of the proximity, it makes in person shopping easier which helps to “see the quality of the product.”

If you are looking for something to do in Sterling, consider going to some of these stores and keep a lookout for other future store openings. 

Donate to The Warrior Word
$50
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Sterling High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.