• Buy your 2023-2024 yearbook at jostens.com!
The Student News Site of Sterling High School

The Warrior Word

The Warrior Word

The Warrior Word

Class of 2024 hosts senior sunrise

With the class of ‘24 starting off their last year in high school, the senior class officers put together this new event to kick off homecoming week.

Senior class president Emily Lofgren says, “This is an opportunity for the senior class to get together with one another and create memories. We started this to hopefully become a tradition for every senior for years to come.”

This event was located on the turf on October 2 from 6:30 a.m. until 7:30 a.m. This early morning gathering was a social time for the seniors and really started the day strong and brought spirit into the week. 

There was a 2024 banner that seniors put handprints on and signed their name. Paint was available for the students that showed up to leave their handprint. 

There was a table on the turf with a class of ‘24 balloons. The table also offered multiple flavors of donuts along with a variety of juice. Homecoming week already offers so many exciting opportunities to have fun with friends, and this sunrise was a great addition to the spirit week.

Senior advisor Jennifer Drew stated, “I really like this year’s senior class and I feel strongly about the idea of traditions or annual events. The seniors didn’t really have an event that was just for them. Mr. Gale was the senior class advisor and I talked him into letting me do it instead. For the sunrise, my officers came to me with the idea and I’m hoping it will become an annual tradition. It was a great way to kick off homecoming week.” 

With homecoming week being a fun time for everyone, this event just adds to the nostalgia. The seniors enjoyed their morning and created memories that will last forever.

Donate to The Warrior Word
$50
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Sterling High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.