• Buy your 2023-2024 yearbook at jostens.com!
The Student News Site of Sterling High School

The Warrior Word

The Warrior Word

The Warrior Word

FFA Egg My Yard

FFA egg my yard was held on March 30th. This event took place at 26 different locations where FFA members went out and hid 2,600 eggs in total. The members took a lot of time and effort to prepare this for the staff at S.H.S. There was a chapter meeting held a couple of weeks prior with many volunteers to help the members stuff these eggs.

Members split up into four different groups each group had around six or seven bags of eggs, each yard had 100 eggs. The groups went at two different times and carpooled together to the locations as each location had different rules to where to hide the eggs depending on the age limits. The members formed a bond with one another and the families. FFA Vice President Landon Kukowski states, “the best part about the Easter egg my yard was that we got to be a part of a memory that kids will remember, and we also got to see their excitement as they saw the Easter bunny.”

A few of the members dressed up as the Easter bunny, to take photos, and to also to give the kids a better experience. FFA president Brady Shank enjoyed the Easter egg in my yard and getting along with others for the process and the different families. “It was awesome to see families happy, members enjoyed stuffing eggs together and it was nice to spread Easter joy.”  and most importantly, Shank enjoyed showing up as the easter bunny. 

FFA members voluntarily go out of their way to stuff and deliver the eggs for the community with only the cost of the expenses. This is the first year Sterling FFA has done Easter eggs in my yard and looks forward to spreading the joy of Easter for more years to come.

Donate to The Warrior Word
$50
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Sterling High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.