• Buy your 2023-2024 yearbook at jostens.com!
The Student News Site of Sterling High School

The Warrior Word

The Warrior Word

The Warrior Word

January Students of the Month

S.H.S. Student of the Month is one of the best accomplishments seniors at S.H.S. can achieve. It takes hard work and students who truly challenge themselves to be applicable for this chance. Students who achieve Student of the Month usually have challenging schedules such as several AP and accelerated classes and excel in their extracurricular activities. 

Seniors Hailey Bielema and Diego Zaragoza have demonstrated what it means to be an S.H.S. Student of the Month this January. 

Bielema has taken many AP and accelerated classes throughout her years at S.H.S.; those include Accelerated English 1 and 2, Accelerated Chemistry, Accelerated Geometry, Accelerated Algebra 1 and 2, AP Human Geography, AP US History, AP Biology, AP Psychology, and AP Statistics. All while maintaining a GPA of 4.15.

Bielema was also a part of the National Honor Society and was a Rotary Scholar in her freshman, sophomore, and junior years. She is also president of Young Doctors League and a student council member. She did football cheerleading for four years and basketball cheerleading for three. She was also the captain her junior and senior years. 

Bielema has been awarded an athletic award three years in a row, Leadership Award, Spirit Award, and Most Improved Award.

Bielema does volunteer work for Newman High School and student council. Outside of school she enjoys baking, working out at Westwood, being around friends and family, and working at Citadel. After highschool she plans on going to the navy for medicine or going to Respiratory Therapy school. 

Zaragoza currently has a GPA of 4.43 and has taken Accelerated Chemistry, Accelerated Algebra 2, AP Human Geography, AP US History, AP Lan.g and Comp, AP Government and Politics, AP Psychology, AP Calculus AB, and AP Lit and Comp. 

Zaragoza is a participant of Scholastic Bowl, Robotics (in grade 11), Guerreros Unidos (in grade 10), National Honors Society, Tennis, and Marching and Pep Band. He was a drum major in S.H.S. Band. 

Zaragoza has been nominated for the Sterling Noon Rotary Club Excellence Program in his freshman, sophomore, and junior years. He was awarded the S.H.S. Academic Award in his sophomore and junior years. 

Outside of school, Zaragoza volunteers at Saint Mary’s in Sterling. He enjoys playing the instruments he already knows and learning to play new instruments. He also enjoys being outside whether it’s biking or playing tennis. 

After high school, Zaragoza plans on attending a four-year school pursuing a bachelor’s degree in engineering, either civil or aerospace. After college he plans on obtaining the correct license to become a certified Commercial Airline Pilot. 

Student of the Month is an amazing achievement that Bielema and Zaragoza have reached during their high school career. 

Donate to The Warrior Word
$50
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Sterling High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.