• Buy your 2023-2024 yearbook at jostens.com!
The Student News Site of Sterling High School

The Warrior Word

The Warrior Word

The Warrior Word

New Books at S.H.S.

Mrs. Johnson holds up two new books she recommends to students in the library. There are many other new books; however, about all different genres.

In the Sterling High School library, students can check out many new books for free, ranging from horror to comedy, and many in-between. The library has many new books for whatever genre students throughout like.

The library is constantly gaining more books, meaning that the students at S.H.S. can find nearly whatever they are looking for in the library. They have books you can read for entertainment or to help you study for your classes. If you don’t know what to look for or where to look, you can ask S.H.S. librarians Heather Johnson and Sira Gaffey who can help you find whatever it is you need.

If students want to find some of these new books, they can also go to the computers in the library where it has the library database and go under “New Books Fall 2023,” where there is a variety of books to choose from. 

Johnson has even added some new titles that feature mental health issues which is a big issue for teens. On some of these books related to mental health, students can find a QR code on the front cover that leads to resources related to the issues talked about in the book. 

A good example of a book like this would be “Sparrow” by Sarah Moon, which Johnson said, “is about suicidality and teens coping with feelings of loneliness, depression, and thoughts of suicide.”

There are many other genres of books if you are looking for something else such as, “We Deserve Monuments” by Jas Hammonds. This was recommended by Johnson, who said, “It was shockingly awesome, and it includes contemporary issues, slow-burn romance, as well as a mystery with a plot twist [she] did not see coming” and “has a little something for everyone.”

You could also read “The Getaway” by Lamar Giles or “Scout’s Honor” by Lily Anderson which Johnson said has a “spooky vibe.” Johnson also said, “if you want a cozy romance to cuddle up with this fall,” read “The Ghosts of Rose Hill” by R.M. Romero or “Lark and Kasim Start a Revolution” by Kacen Callender. 

Those are just some of the books you can find in the library. There are many other new books in the library now and more appearing in the library all the time for students to read.

Donate to The Warrior Word
$50
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Sterling High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.