April Students of the Month

With the school year coming to an end, it can be hard to stay motivated. However, two students that have shown hard work and challenged themselves all throughout school are Emma Wilson and Luke Valentino. These two have been awarded Students of the Month for April. 

All throughout high school, Emma Wilson has worked hard to achieve a GPA of 4.1. She has taken many accelerated classes and AP classes, this includes AP United States history, Accelerated geometry, AP psychology and many more. She is a Noon Rotary Scholar and has earned her academic letter and pin.

Wilson is proud to be a Golden Warrior as she has been involved in many different sports and activities. She was on the cheer team for football and basketball seasons all four years, while also doing competition cheer. She was given the award of most dependable and most versatile. During senior year, Wilson was a cheer captain. Another sport she takes part in is track and field. She is a part of the student council and National Honors Society. 

Outside of school, Emma Wilson has volunteered at the PADS Homeless Shelter and Relay for Life for many years. She enjoys dancing, sewing, and she runs an online business. She will be attending Illinois State University in the fall to study Early Childhood Education. 

Luke Valentino has challenged himself and achieved a 4.26 GPA. Throughout his four years, he has taken nine AP classes and six accelerated classes. He was awarded Freshman Student of the Month, honor roll, and Rotary Excellence Student. He has shown leadership within his classes. 

Valentino has been a part of many activities and sports. He has swam and played tennis all four years. He was awarded First Team All Conference Swimmer, Sectional Swim Championship Team, and was on varsity all four years. Luke was on varsity three out of the four years for tennis. He played soccer for his freshman and sophomore years. He is also a part of the Rotary Excellence Program and National Honors Society. 

Within the community, Luke Valetino volunteers to be the announcer at swim meets and help at the Holiday Community Gift Help. Some of his hobbies are water-sports, skiing, tennis, and working out. After high school, he plans to double major in accounting and economics at Notre Dame. 

Congratulations to Emma Wilson and Luke Valentino for being awarded Students of the Month for April!