March Students of the Month

The student of the month is a title given to the student who has challenged themselves in their academic journey and showed great promise in their futures. The students of the month for March were awarded to Laelin Fossett and Cameron Taylor. 

Fossett was chosen because she has been very hardworking and dedicated since her freshman year of high school. She has been able to maintain a 4.3 GPA. She has enrolled in many AP and accelerated classes including AP Psychology, AP Language & Composition, AP CS Principles, and Accelerated Chemistry. As an exemplary student at Sterling High School, she has been honored with many awards such as Freshman Student of the Month, Rotary Scholar, AP Scholar with Distinction, Illinois State Scholar, etc. Fosset has also been a part of Choir, Robotics, Library Club, and National Honor Society. 

In her free time, she enjoys programming, playing video games, reading, and weekly trivia nights. For the future, she plans on getting a B.S majoring in Computer Science and then later on going to be a software engineer. With all of this being said, she deserves this award because she has a strong character and she has always been the one to help those around her when needed. 

Cameron Taylor was also awarded Student of the Month for March with all of his hardwork and asstonishing efforts. Taylor has kept a 4.0 or higher of a GPA all four years of high school. During high school, Cameron has taken advantage of the AP/Accelerated classes provided at SHS. For example, he has taken AP Human Geography, AP Biology, AP Biology, and Accelerated Chemistry. He has participated in cross country all four years of high school. Included in this, he won MVP his freshman year and was named captain of the cross country team his senior year of high school. This has given him a great leadership opportunity within S.H.S. 

Outside of school, he enjoys reading, running, gardening, writing, and cooking. In the future, he plans on attending University of Illinois-Chicago and study psychology. Cameron has been a great example of what a good student is. He works very hard and he’s built his academic career with patience, hard work, and time management. 

These two students are going to go on to accomplish great things with all of their dedication that has been put in through their academic career so far.