Entertainment Review: BookTok

Over the course of many years, a specific app has been on the rise: TikTok. I’m sure everyone has at least heard of this; nevertheless, within the app, there are many “sides” of TikTok. One of which is known as “BookTok.”

“BookTok” is one side of TikTok where people who enjoy and/or love to read post videos with book recommendations, talking about their favorite books, and even things they enjoy and dislike about certain books (among other things). It’s basically like one big book club online.

During the year of Covid-19, “BookTok” became really popular. People couldn’t meet in person in a book club-like setting, so they started their own platform to share and discuss books in an easy and interesting way. Now, “BookTok” is one of the biggest communities on the app. 

If you’re looking for new books to read, this side of the app is a pretty good place to start. Many popular books that might show up in videos often would be “Beach Read” and “People We Meet On Vacation” by Emily Henry, the “A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder” series by Holly Jackson, and “Better Than The Movies” by Lynn Painter. These are honestly just a few examples of a seemingly endless list of recommendations from “BookTok.”

I believe that “BookTok” is a great place to find recommendations and reviews on a variety of genres, writing styles, etc. It does, however, seem to cater more towards beginner readers who are just starting out reading. 

I have found many great, easy reads through “BookTok,” such as “Six of Crows” by Leigh Bardugo, “Seven Husbands Of Evelyn Hugo” by Taylor Jenkins Reid, and anything by Alice Oseman. On the other hand, I have also found some that aren’t as appealing to me like “It ends with us” or “Ugly Love” by Colleen Hoover, but that’s just my opinion

I would definitely recommend checking out “BookTok,” especially if you’re looking for a quick, fun, and easy book to read, no matter the genre. There are many, many videos on “BookTok,” so you should be almost guaranteed to find a book you would enjoy reading.

$50
$500