Sterling participates in National FFA Week

The Sterling FFA Chapter stayed busy during national FFA week (February 17-24). The junior high and high school participated in dress days and activities. None of this would have been possible without the high school advisor Meg Stanley and the officer team.
With no school on Monday, the FFA members started their dress days on Tuesday with “tractor brand Tuesday” that required students to wear their favorite tractor brand. Wednesday was “wear boots Wednesday.” This was time to show off FFA members’ favorite, coolest, or everyday boots. “Rodeo Thursday” meant students dressed like they were headed to the rodeo. Friday was “Official dress Friday.” All FFA members wore their official dress which consisted of a white button-up under the official jacket, an FFA tie or scarf, either a black skirt with black tights for the ladies or black pants for the gentlemen, and a nice pair of black dress shoes.
Starting off on Tuesday, the Sterling FFA Chapter visited seventh grade teacher Mrs. LeFevre’s class at the middle school for FFA recruitment. FFA members informed the middle schoolers what FFA is all about along with doing activities with the kids to teach them communication and leadership skills.
President Brady Shank said, “I enjoyed being with the middle schoolers and teaching them about what FFA has to offer. I enjoyed sharing my experiences and letting the kids know that they have the same opportunities that I do.”
Active FFA members also had their February chapter meeting at 6:00 p.m. At these meetings, FFA members normally discuss what is to happen for the upcoming weeks until their next meeting. However, this meeting was different. Members invited all C.M.S. FFA members to come and enjoy pot luck and competition games.
Following up with Wednesday, it was bring your tractor to school day. Members that participated in this were B. Shank, junior Joseph Shank, senior Christopher Miller, and senior Colton Walters. Members also served Culver’s scoops in the commons for $3. This is an annual activity that the Sterling FFA Chapter partners with Culver’s to help raise money for the FFA program.
On Thursday, all Ag students were allowed to go to Mrs. Stanley’s room and get doughnuts, courtesy of Central Bank. The bank donated 16 dozen boxes of doughnuts for FFA week. FFA members served Culver’s scoops during both lunch periods for $3. This is the first year that FFA sold out of Culver’s scoops.
On the final day of FFA week, Friday, FFA members hosted a before school teachers breakfast. Members arrived at school early to prepare for the meal. Everything went smoothly and many teachers shared their appreciation.
Overall FFA week was a huge success for the Sterling Chapter. FFA members are already eager for what is to come for next year’s National FFA week.

$50
$500