• Buy your 2023-2024 yearbook at jostens.com!
The Student News Site of Sterling High School

The Warrior Word

The Warrior Word

The Warrior Word

Top 5 Valentines Day Gifts

In my opinion, any gift that I receive on Valentine’s Day is special, on the other hand some outweigh others. Here is my idea of the perfect gifts to get. 

Starting at the bottom, number five would have to be chocolate. Receiving chocolate is yummy and great, but is very basic. Anyone could buy you chocolate any day of the year. Valentine’s day is a step up from that. 

Number four on my list is receiving a Valentine’s Day card. Cards are very sweet, and can mean a lot especially if there is a handwritten note inside of it. But that still does not compare to other gifts in my eyes.

Junior Emma Sinn stated,  “When getting a Valentine’s Day card, I love how sweet they can be but there are other gifts that I would prefer.”

In the middle at number three would have to be a teddy bear. Although it may seem very basic, you can keep that teddy bear for a long time and cherish it. 

Number two on my list would be any special gift that the other may have bought, including makeup or something that that girl may have been wanting. I am sure that no girl would be complaining about something that they have wanted for a while. 

At the top of my list at number one, would 100% have to be flowers. Receiving flowers is very special in my opinion. They mean so much more than just plain old chocolate. 

English teacher Jennifer Drew shared, “I love receiving flowers for Valentine’s Day but not red roses. Red roses are pretty basic.” This shows that knowing your Valentine’s favorite flower will come in handy for this holiday.

For flowers, the quantity of the flowers may not matter for some.

Senior Olivia Melcher said, “If I receive one flower it still will mean as much as 20 flowers, it’s the thought that counts.”

Valentine’s day is special no matter what you receive, it may not be the biggest gift but it still means as much as one. 

Donate to The Warrior Word
$50
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Sterling High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.