Wonka movie ends 2023 with a bang

“Wonka” was released to theaters in December and is currently gaining popularity. The movie stars Timothée Chalamet as Willy Wonka. “Wonka:” is based on his upbringing into the chocolate business, and shows Wonka’s trial and errors while selling chocolate, but ultimately becomes a success like how we’ve seen in previous movies.

When comparing “Wonka” to the movies like “Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory” made in 1964 and “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory” made in 2005, there are many differences. The “Wonka” movie is a prequel to the other two movies. “Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory” and “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory” are based around people taking a tour to the factory, while getting to see the whimsical features of the factories. “Wonka” is different based on the setting of the movie, but “Wonka” keeps the whimsical nature of the other movies and adds more emotional scenes, which draw in the audience. 

Not only does “Wonka” have actor Timothée Chalament who has been in many popular movies such as “Dune,” “Call Me by Your Name,” “Little Women,” and “Beautiful Boy.” “Wonka” also has the famous song “Pure Imagination” that was featured in the original 1964 movie. 

The “Wonka” movie is a great movie to watch with friends and family. The theatrics of the movie and the humor of the movie made it feel like the 1964 movie mixed with the 2005 movie. 

“I thought all the unique scenes made the movie more fun to watch,” said junior Connie Ibarra. 

Some people did not have the same reaction to the movie. 

“I think the movie is okay. The ending was the best part,” said junior Janaiah Goggins. 

Overall “Wonka” is a great movie to watch with family and friends. The playfulness of this movie will put a smile on your face. 

$50
$500