10th Annual Crazy for a Cure Fundraiser approaches

As second semester resumes for S.H.S. students, so do the student-involved events, including the 10th annual Crazy for a Cure Fundraiser. Crazy for a Cure is a student council-run fundraiser, organized by S.H.S. Student Council Advisors Nicole Schlemmer and Alexis Ruiz. 

The purpose of the Crazy for a Cure fundraiser is to raise money for local cancer patients and programs by selling Crazy for a Cure shirts as well as hosting raffles with baskets and selling baked goods. Student council members reached out to local businesses and people to get donations for these prizes.

The infamous and widely loved Crazy for a Cure shirts are available for $12 for youth and adult sizes small-extra large and $14 for extended sizes. All proceeds from these shirts go towards local cancer patients and programs as well. What makes these shirts so unique is the large variety of colors that you can choose from. When ordering your Crazy for a Cure shirt, you have 11 different options for colors which each represent a different type of cancer. 

Choices include: Lavender (all cancers), navy (colon), lime green (non Hodgkin’s-Lymphoma), purple (pancreas), black (melanoma), pink (breast), orange (kidney/leukemia), white (lung), light blue (prostate), teal (ovarian), and gold (childhood). 

These shirts will be on display Friday, February 9 during the boys basketball games against United Township. As they warm up for their games, each player will be wearing a Crazy for a Cure shirt that is the color of their choice. Cheerleaders will also be wearing the shirt color of their choice that night. Before the boys begin playing, audience members who have been affected by cancer will be asked to rise and players, cheerleaders, and poms members will bring them each a flower to show their love and support. This is a very touching moment for everyone.

Student council advisor, Nicole Schlemmer, believes “the biggest difference [in comparison to last year] is we only have one game instead of two”. Although Crazy for a Cure will only take place during a boy’s basketball game rather than both a boy’s and girl’s, all other events will still take place. Such as the basket raffles and the very entertaining, guy girl dance performed by the poms team. 

Gavin Fischer, the sophomore Stuco representative, will be participating in this performance for the first time this year and “Is excited to try something new for a good cause”. 

Overall, the 10th annual Crazy for a Cure fundraiser will be an amazing night. Make sure to purchase your Crazy for a Cure shirt and pop out to the game Friday, February 9 to support!

$50
$500