• Buy your 2023-2024 yearbook at jostens.com!
The Student News Site of Sterling High School

The Warrior Word

The Warrior Word

The Warrior Word

Entertainment Review: Scooters vs. 7brew

With many new coffee shops opening in our town, do you ever wonder how 7brew and Scooters are unique in their own ways?  

Both 7brew and Scooters Coffee are drive-thru coffee shops known for their fast service and delicious drinks. They both offer a variety of coffee and espresso drinks, as well as smoothies, teas, energy, and food items. When asking many students what they prefer more sophomore Averie Burkett says, “I prefer Scooters blue raspberry scoot energy drink!”

Scooters is different from 7brew because Scooters offers a wider variety of menu items including specialty drinks like their Caramelicious and White Mocha, as well as breakfast and snack options. Some of the most popular drinks at Scooters would be their “Candy Bar” drinks, which would be your favorite candy bar put into a drink. Their seasonal drinks are also a top hit. They also have their own energy drinks made with their own “Scoot” energy that also comes sugar free, but our drink sizes for those are only medium and large. Everything can be made hot, iced or blended. Scooters is located in Rock Falls and 7brew is located in Sterling.

Agriculture teacher Miranda Moen said, “I enjoy Scooters more than 7brew. My current favorite drink is the sea salt oatmilk Caramelicious (partially because of the nostalgia… I had Scooters all through college). The real GOAT is their Caramelicious muffin though. It is amazing heated up.” 

On the other hand 7brew focuses more on their unique cold brew offerings and has a more limited menu. Instead of 7brew having a speciality drink, they have new season drinks available with a mixture of flavors. 7brew has their “Originals”  which would be their blondies, brunette, German chocolate, sweet and salty, smooth 7, white chocolate mocha, cinnamon roll and triple 7. 7brew also has their own energy drinks called “Seven energy” which can come sugar free also. 7brew workers stand outside taking orders no matter the weather, on the other hand scooters workers talk through a speaker outside. 

Many S.H.S. students work at either 7brew or Scooters. Junior Presley Winter said, “I chose to work at scooters because I thought being a barista would be fun and meeting new people and everyone works at 7brew!” 

Both coffee places are different in their own way, so you should check both out and see for yourself which you enjoy better!

Donate to The Warrior Word
$50
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Sterling High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.