• Buy your 2023-2024 yearbook at jostens.com!
The Student News Site of Sterling High School

The Warrior Word

The Warrior Word

The Warrior Word

Love them or hate them, Kelce and Swift are everywhere

Kiera McCue
Mrs. Drew’s boyfriend, Travis Kelce.

One cannot open the internet without seeing Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce as they are suddenly everywhere. The lyrics “I’m on the bleachers” are rumored to be true. On the plus side of this, they seem to be very happy together. They also have gained quite a bit of fame and money from paparazzi, news reports, TikTok videos, YouTube reels, and interviews. This has its pros and cons, but the benefit of it is that they’re making more money, his jersey sales went up in the past months which is ultimately the goal in an industry like theirs. The two also look happy together as they are seen in viral TikTok videos. The most viral video to be circulated yet is a video of Kelce singing along to Taylor’s songs as “august” at one of her concerts, and her greeting him with open arms and a kiss after her show.

While there are many that are in favor of the relationship, there are also many that are not in favor of it or simply don’t care for it. The cons of the two being together is that they could potentially just be using each other to get what they want which isn’t morally right. For all we know, Kelce could just turn into another breakup song of Taylor’s. The downside of this, as they are seen “happy” in all these viral videos, the real question is if they are just putting on a show… something that the two are both quite good at. Whether it be performing music live all across the world, or playing football all over the world, the pair are both good performers and all of this could just be an act to gain publicity and fame.

The two were confirmed dating in September. Some fans are happy such as many Swifties and Kelce fans they are happy for the two, but on the flip side some still believe the two are “faking” their relationship.

The number one question at hand is if the two are doing this just for fame. The two are both very popular and when the rumor first was found to be true, Travis Kelce gained 1.6 million fans and followers. The two were confirmed dating in September. Some Swiftie fans and Kelce fans are happy for the two, but on the other hand some still believe the two are “faking” their relationship. Pros and cons aside, there are many mixed feelings about these two. Some have strong feelings about the two, or one in particular.

Publications teacher Jennifer Drew said, “Whatever offers me the opportunity to see Travis Kelce more I’m in favor of. I call him my boyfriend.” 

On the flip side of this, fans are not in favor of the new couple. Junior Kendyll Anderson said,  “I hate Taylor Swift, she’s annoying and it’s annoying going on every platform and seeing information about them. I hate her music too.” 

Junior Maddux Osborn has mixed feelings about their relationship. He said, “I think it is fine, the relationship itself gets overhyped which is very annoying.”

In the end, whether the two are doing it for fame and publicity or are truly together, they look happier than ever and both have benefited so much with both hitting top charts of some kind.

Donate to The Warrior Word
$50
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Sterling High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.