• Buy your 2023-2024 yearbook at jostens.com!
The Student News Site of Sterling High School

The Warrior Word

The Warrior Word

The Warrior Word

Entertainment Review: Lana Del Rey

Elizabeth Grant, widely known as Lana Del Rey, is a female alternative-pop artist with many popular songs available on Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon Music, and other streaming platforms. Grant’s most famous songs include “Summertime Sadness,” “Young and Beautiful,” and “Born to Die.” 

Del Rey’s music provides a calming yet upbeat feel to listeners. Many refer to Del Rey’s music as tranquil and even heavenly. Compared to other popular artists in this time period, Del Rey definitely has some of the most unique music. 

Many of Del Rey’s songs explore topics of love, lust, and tragedy. With lyrics like “Think I’ll miss you forever, like the stars miss the sun in the morning sky,” “If you hold me without hurting me, you’ll be the first who ever did,” and “Will you still love me when I’m no longer young and beautiful,” Del Rey’s music displays a story of tragic love. 

Many songs of Del Rey’s have been popularized on TikTok, a social media platform that specializes in short creative videos. Del Rey’s music isn’t for everyone, however many can enjoy the short, 15 second audios available on TikTok. Whether it’s the instrumental, sped up, or normal version of the song, Del Rey’s music is widely used on the platform. 

Popular TikTok audios that many may not know are from Del Rey are lyrics from “Art Deco”, “Radio”, “Peppers”, etc. With how large the music industry is, it can be difficult to differentiate between artists, but Del Rey’s pieces are one of a kind. 

Lana Del Rey’s music is definitely a hit, with many fans attending concerts and listening online. Del Rey doesn’t go on tour often, as other artists do, and her last tour date was Aug. 10, 2018. Unfortunately, there are no scheduled concert dates coming up, but fans can expect new music to come in the future. 

Donate to The Warrior Word
$50
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Sterling High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.