Make the most of S.H.S.

Senior Chavela Quintana works on an assignment in English 4. This was done after reading Edgar Allen Poe’s “The Cask of Amontillado”.

High school is a short, but necessary part of every person’s life. It is important to make the most of your high school years, both academically and socially, in order to set yourself up for a good future.

Senior Diego Zaragoza said that you should “just try new things, whether they be AP classes, sports, clubs, or extracurriculars in general.” Zaragozaa emphasized that every student should join anything they are interested in in order to build up their college resume. Zaragoza said that he “regrets not participating in sports earlier” but he is happy he “took a variety of AP classes.”

Senior Sydney Graves said that it is important to “take advantage of opportunities like clubs and sports” and that senior year is especially important to “stay involved and participate in school events.” Graves said she “regrets not participating in the extensive arts programs, such as plays or musicals.” Graves shared the same sentiment Zaragoza did of being “happy [she] took many AP classes.”

Senior Ashden Kelly said that while it is “important to focus on grades, senior year is the last year you will spend with some classmates, so you should really cherish the people close to you and enjoy the time you have left in your highschool years.” Kelly said he “regrets not doing a sport as they are great ways to meet new people.”

AP Lit teacher Mrs. Farringer teaches mostly seniors and says that it is “important to set challenging, but realistic goals. And that goal setting is a great way to prioritize the things that are most important to you.” Farringer continues, saying that students should “take advantage of the amazing counseling department, as they have many resources available to help students make decisions about life after high school.”

Overall, it is important to make the most of your highschool years in order to set yourself up for the future. Taking AP classes, joining clubs, and going out for sports are imperative to good highschool years. 

$50
$500