• Buy your 2023-2024 yearbook at jostens.com!
The Student News Site of Sterling High School

The Warrior Word

The Warrior Word

The Warrior Word

Class officers for 23-24 elected

Senior class officers (l-r) Brecken Peterson, Lucas Austin, Emily Lofgren, and Lainey Block enjoy their senior sunrise. The seniors hosted one of their first events for their class.

As the 2023-2024 school year continues, class officers are busy trying to kick off the year with a great start. Class officers are incharge of fundraising, or in seniors case spending the money for events that will create memories.

Senior Class Officers

The class officers for the senior class of 2024 are President Emily Lofgren and Officers Lainey Block, Lucas Austin and Brecken Peterson.  The advisor for the senior class is Jennifer Drew. 

Lofgren has been an officer for all four years of her high school career. Lofgren shared, “I decided to run as a class officer because I am organized and feel like I am a good leader.”

It is Drew’s first year as senior advisor. Drew stated, “I wanted to take on the position because I felt as though there weren’t any events that were just for the senior class. I love the idea of traditions and felt like it was a great opportunity to start a new tradition for the senior class.”

Junior Class Officers

The class of 2025 officers for junior year are President Jubraan Alkhalaf, Vice President Adamari Gutierrez, Secretary Brinley Francis, and Treasurer Patrick Riley. Their advisor is Jason Austin. The junior class receives massive amounts of support from parents who help fundraise and plan prom. 

Alkhalaf’s goals for this year are “to plan a fun prom that stands out and raise enough money so we don’t have a limited budget for prom.”

He believes “a class officer’s role is to listen to their class and give ideas they think their peers will like based on the class’s opinions as a whole.”

The junior class moms have been busy creating fundraisers to raise enough money to fund an exciting prom. 

Sophomore Class Officers

The sophomore class of 2026 officers are Avery Moran, Adylyn Crandall, Phinley Wright, and Mackenzie Wolfe. The class advisor is Counselor Christine Herron.

Herron stated, “The role of any student who chose to be a part of the sophomore class advisor is to connect with their peers and think of fun/creative ways to raise money for their class prom.” when she was asked what officers’ roles are. 

Crandall answered the question too and said, “I think a class officer’s role as a sophomore class officer is mainly just to make sure our class will have a smooth Junior and Senior year. We also need to make sure we make enough money for future events.”

Freshman Class Officers

The freshman class advisor for the class of 2027 is Counselor Cami Hartman. The freshman class still does not have official officers.

Hartman stated, “The freshmen class did not vote for officers this year and we are seeking volunteers to help when we have projects like: class float, fundraising, and work the concession stands.  We had a great turnout to help build our float and ride on it.”

Hartman also shared, “I decided to become an advisor since I already work with all freshmen as their counselor. It’s also another way for me to get to know the students.”

The 2023-2024 officers are very busy this year so keep an eye out for all of the fundraising events. Officers work hard to make things special for their graduating class so it is important to support them. 

Donate to The Warrior Word
$50
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Sterling High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.