Entertainment Review: Fall Must-Watches

Entertainment Review: Fall Must-Watches

With the leaves changing and colder breezes of wind moving their way in, people can come to the conclusion that the autumn season has arrived. With these attributes and different fall festivities comes fall-must watches, which range from terrifying thrillers to fun-filled films, making the widespread selection open to anyone and everyone. 

“Gilmore Girls” is a late 90s following into early 2000s comedy-drama television show that follows the story of 32-year old mother Lorelai Gilmore and her 16 year old daughter Rory who deals with the pressures of high school and future hopes. “Gilmore Girls” perfectly fits the fall must-watch role, in the sense that most of the shows’ scenes are set during the colder months, and have many episodes that include different fall activities.

Junior Macy Anderson states how “[her] and [her] mom definitely stay in season with the shows we watch.” Depending on the weather or time of year, they will change their show/movie of choice in accordance. If you are looking for a show to watch when feeling relaxed and in a more autumn type of mood, Gilmore Girls will be the perfect pick. 

Moving on to another must-watch, “Hocus Pocus.” This classic film tells the story of teenage Max Dennison daring to explore an abandoned house with his little sister, Dani, and her friend Allison. During said exploring, Max accidentally unrestrains a convent of three evil witch sisters who used to reside in the house. With the power of friendship and strength, the kids must steal the three witches’ evil book of spells in order to cease their immortality. Due to the obvious certitude that witches are symbolic for Halloween, this 90’s transmission is a clear choice to put you in a festive spooky mood. 

Counselor Darci Francis explains that the reason she enjoys watching Hocus Pocus is because she “thinks it is funny, light hearted, and has a good cast.” 

When searching for a movie that has the perfect amount of comedy and daunt, Hocus Pocus is definitely the correct choice. 

The transition in weather calls for much more than just sitting at home and watching your favorite festive films. For many people, this time of year is their moment to express their love for fall in their own unique way, whether it be with decorating or favorite holiday snack. 

Science teacher Nicole Schlemmer explained, “Well, I LOVE my fall decor at my house. There are a lot of amber/orange colors and warm white twinkle lights… that ambiance and a fall candle, maybe a hot drink, and a cider donut.” 

The joy of fall is that it has such a wide variety of activities for everyone to enjoy, and will never go out of style with its spooky and spine-chilling selection for must-watches. 

$50
$500