Entertainment Review: Halloween Candy Ranked

There are many great things to anticipate with the Halloween season coming up. One of the most important aspects of Halloween to many kids and teens is the candy. I have compiled a list of the most popular (and best) Halloween candies.

10. Starburst This candy is last on the list just because they have nothing really special about them, but they also aren’t the worst option in the world. If you are looking for a candy that is easy to carry around and won’t melt, Starburst is the way to go.

9. Sour Patch Kids This candy definitely earns a spot on this list just for the pure fact that usually when you receive these, they are in a big box. Unfortunately, I cannot rank these candies higher, because when you eat too many your mouth starts to hurt. Junior Connie Ibarra said, “Sour Patch Kids are definitely my favorite candy but you can’t eat too many of them.

8. Butterfingers Beginning to enter the chocolate territory, I have placed Butterfingers in 8th place Because of the richness and crunchiness of the peanut butter crunch. However, they are messy, and once they melt it makes you question whether the great flavor is worth it or not.

7. Hershey’s Bar Sticking with the chocolate theme, we have Hershey coming in at number 7. with “Also a chocolate, the Hershey’s Bar gets the place of number seven.” I think this is a very respectable place to have Hersheys because you can never go wrong with them, and regardless of the flavor, chocolate will never disappoint. Senior Diamond Masini says “My favorite candy is Hershey’s bar because I like chocolate”.

6. Kit Kat Bar Kit Kats are truly one of the best candies that you can receive, combining the perfect amount of sweetness and crunch. Senior Carter Chance says “Kit Kats always cure my sweet tooth when I want chocolate, especially during halloween.”

5. Peanut M&M’s This candy will proudly earn a number 5 spot on the list because it is the best type of M&M to have and every single time they hit, no matter whether it is Halloween or not. Unfortunately for those with nut allergies, you’ll have to take a pass on these, this is not the candy for you.

4. Snickers These 100% deserve their spot in the top three and not much explaining needs to be done. Snickers are just a top-tier candy overall, and when you receive them in a king size it is guaranteed to make your night. These are a make or break in Halloween trick-or treating. 

3. Trolli Sour Brite Crawlers These gummy worms bring a sour and sweet combo into the mix. These candies can never melt and are able to be enjoyed at any time. Once you receive a good amount of these worms, you can call your night over because this is truly all you really need.

2. Reese’s peanut butter cups These are the perfect mix of richness and sweetness. But it cannot take number one because sometimes it’s just too much peanut butter and too sweet with not enough savory to make it acceptable. This candy is loved by all of America. 

1. Reese’s Take 5 Taking the award for best Halloween candy, is the Reese’s Take 5. This candy consists of pretzel pieces, peanut butter, and carmel all covered in chocolate.  Although they are similar to normal Reese’s cups, these just have a much better taste, with a combination of sweetness, salty, and richness. 

Halloween time is notorious for its candy that is consumed during the holiday. With this list of the top candies there is a spot for everyone whether you are a chocolate or fruity candy type of person, there is a spot for you on this list.

$50
$500