• Buy your 2023-2024 yearbook at jostens.com!
The Student News Site of Sterling High School

The Warrior Word

The Warrior Word

The Warrior Word

S.H.S. football brings back the baby blues

Recently the Golden Warrior football team received a new edition to their uniform collection. After more than a decade at the helm, head football coach Jon Schlemmer decided it was time to bring back the baby blue jerseys of years past. 

The purchase of the new jerseys was especially sweet as Sterling High School’s football program was lucky enough to have someone that was willing to donate towards the new baby blue throwback jerseys.

Schlemmer said, “I just wanted to honor the guys who played before and really carry on the tradition of the program.”

The current players are excited to have their time in the baby blue jerseys.

Senior Cale Ledergerber said, “I love the new jerseys. I think the jerseys are a great tribute to the guys that came through the program before us. It means a lot to be able to represent them through the jerseys.” 

The throwback baby blue jerseys were worn in the early 80s. Since then, the Sterling Golden Warriors have always worn navy blue and white for their jerseys. 

Junior Joseph Holcomb said, “I think they are awesome. I can’t wait to be able to wear the jersey for the first time in a game. I think the crowd is going to love them.” 

In addition to honoring players from the past, the football players like the fresh new jerseys.

Sophomore Ryan Gebhardt added, “I like how different the new jerseys are. The throwbacks are a cool tribute to the people who were able to wear them back in the day.” 

Donate to The Warrior Word
$50
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Sterling High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.