September Students of the Month

Israel Grande and Megan Gingrich

The Sterling High School Student of the Month is the highest level of recognition for Sterling High School seniors. Student of the month winners are students who have challenged themselves with rigorous courses, are involved in activities and/or athletics, have taken on a leadership roles within the school community, and portray Sterling High School in a positive light in the community. The two students that were awarded this title for September are Israel Grande and Megan Gingrich.

Grande has proved to everyone and himself that he is a very hardworking student that always gives his best and holds an amazing GPA of 4.205. He has found success in many accelerated and Advanced Placement  classes including AP Biology, AP United States History, AP Language and Composition, and is currently taking AP Literature and Composition, AP Psychology, and AP Statistics.

He has been awarded many achievements throughout his time at S.H.S. such as being a three year Rotary Scholar and winner of Simulated Presidential Election. Grande is also part of Student Council, Young Doctor’s League, and Sterling String Ensemble.

Grande has not only been successful inside of school, but outside of school he has participated as a chaperone for Vacation Bible School (2nd-5th graders) for two years, volunteered at Ability Tree, and helped with garden work for Allure of Sterling. He is also president of the Latino Club and a second-year Chair Violinist of the Orchestra. Grande’s future plans are to major in History-Social Science Education and eventually become a secondary education teacher.

The other student that has been honored with this award is Megan Gingrich who has chased for the hardest classes since her freshman year. She holds a GPA of 4.243 and that is thanks to the many accelerated and AP classes she has taken such as AP US Government and Politics, AP Chemistry, and Accelerated Geometry. 

Gingrich has been honored and awarded for many achievements, such as being Student of the Month her freshman year. She was also nominated for the National Youth Leadership Forum, and was awarded an Academic Letter and Pin Due.

She has found success in varsity cross country and track and field. She won cross country Varsity Most Improved (2020) and track and field Fresh/Soph Most Improved (2021). She is also a current National Honor Society officer and is president of Young Doctor’s League. 

Outside of school, Gingrich participates in volunteer work at United Way where she helps pack and distribute lunches to families and participates at PADS Shelter. She works at Westwood where she is a front desk and kids’ gym attendant. In her free time, she enjoys being active outside and cooking. After high school she plans to attend a four-year university to pursue an undergraduate degree in marketing.

These two really set the bar and represent the very best at Sterling High School. They will move on to accomplish their big goals afterwards.