What should not do in your sophomore year

March 8, 2022

While still getting used to high school, sophomore year still means a lot in the future. 

• Don’t waste your time. 

This time of your sophomore year is to plan the future and prepare. It seems too early to think about after high school, but high school really does fly by fast. You can start figuring out what career you will love to do in the future. You could also visit some university campuses and see which university you would love to go to.

• Don’t put yourself down.  

Everyone had a hard time and couldn’t focus on their schoolwork but try to do something that makes you feel better. Go for a walk, see the sunset,  and it may calm your stress. If you need someone to talk to, your counselor and teachers will listen to you.

• Don’t lose the opportunity to challenge yourself. 

S.H.S. offers many opportunities like AP classes to help get you ready for college.. AP classes are classes that are college level and could earn you a college credit if you pass the test at the end of the year. By challenging yourself, it helps to build up confidence and also helps boost your GPA. 

• Don’t miss the benefit of meeting new people. 

Maybe you already have your group of friends, but you don’t even know if you will end your sophomore year with your same group of friends. Don’t be afraid to put yourself out there and meet new people.

• Don’t be shy to ask questions. 

In class sometimes, we don’t understand the material for that day. Don’t go home without understanding. Instead ask teachers about it. Ask in the class or even after the class ends to ensure that you’re on the right track.

• Don’t overload yourself.  

Being in high school is stressful, with many classes, homework, etc. Try to manage your time and keep organized. Having a planner helps you to organize what assignments you have to finish. 

• Don’t skip a class. 

Skipping a class will mess up your learning system and your profile. Many colleges require good discipline in order to be accepted to their college. Plus no one really wants to serve detention hours before or after school.

Sophomore year can be an easy year of high school, but helps you to get prepared for the future. 

$50
$500

The Warrior Word • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

$50
$500